Monday, January 25, 2016

The Hunger Inside

The Hunger Inside

Written by Kali

Taste. Sounds. The feel of blood going through my veins. Sight. Smell. Every sense perked up to feel. Ready to feel. Ready to run or fly. To laugh or scream. To do everything and nothing.

I need to feel everything and nothing. There is a need that I just can't pinpoint. That is just out of my reach. I need to go towards it but find that I can't.

Anger and hate override everything. Every feeling, emotion, and event is cause to anticipate a battle. Jash has taught me to control myself so that I will only kill when I need to.

But the need to rip and tear is too overwhelming. I need to taste all the blood and cause all the pain that I can. I scream inside my head but I don't know why.

I am not helpless. I am Kali. I am fear incarnate. I will make all of Sornieth tremble under me.

Under my power. Under my pain.

Though my mind has been ruined due to what happened in my former clan, the things that had enslaved all of us and made us prisoners in our own bodies, I know I used to be different. Faint echos of another time come to me. So I know I wasn't always this way.

Though I don't know if I can ever go back to what I used to be.

I used to be a calm dragon, at least for one serving the Plaguebringer, and like to be relaxed. I used to adore times of peace. I liked war, but I preferred the time in between battles.

How I used to like swimming and hunting for food. Not like I hunt now, but liking to hunt because it was a social thing. Racing my clanmates to see which one of us could get the most food. Or a specific target.

Now when I hunt it is more than a game. It is a way of life. My strength being proven by countless hunts. The sound and sight of blood exciting me. I had to follow each heart beat I heard until the bitter end.

Could I go back to who I was before? Did I want to?

The only thing that is a certainty to me is making those that did this to me and my former clan pay. Many of my clanmates were still trapped, still slaves, and I could not have that. I needed to taste the blood of those that had corrupted me.

Revenge is all that I live for now.

 BACK 

No comments:

Post a Comment