Wednesday, January 25, 2017

This Thing Called Love

This Thing Called Love

Written by Cameron

I am an assassin and a very good one at that. I find a target and I get the job done no matter the costs. No matter how moral the dragon I am after is. The only thing that matters to me is the mission and completing it. Some dragons don't see the honor in what I do. The necessity in what some dragons need to do.

Some dragons like to keep their hands clean. To blame others so that they can keep the moral high ground. Those dragons don't see how many lives I save by killing one or two.

To do my job I need an air of detachment. There are some some friendships I can't ignore, though. One is of MartinBedell whom I care for deeply. Luckily I am able to shut off my personal attachments to him when need be. I think of us as close friends at most.

Then there is SarahConnor...

With her I am not able to keep my usual emotional distance. Even when on a mission I think lovingly of her. Longingly of her. For any other dragon this would disturb me, but not for her. There is something about her that speaks to me on a level I am not used to.

Maybe it is because of her internal conflict. She would have rather died than to be made into a mechanical contraption. It was I who was there to make sure she was stable. Something, even in the beginning, attracted me to her.

Even though my feelings for Sarah don't bother me, they might be the end of me being an assassin. If I love her that opens up the gateway to have feelings for others. Maybe not like her but dangerous all the same. I could start caring for my victims instead of looking at them coldly. They have their role on Sornieth and I have mine, after all.

The only way my love for Sarah isn't dangerous would be if I can keep it in check. If I can control my emotions. It might be harder than before but I am up for a good challenge.

BACK

No comments:

Post a Comment