Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Cassie's Corner

My name is Cassie and I am one of the many clan diplomats. For my clan's paper I have decided to help those in need. You could say I run the general advice column. I cover such things as dating advice, personal issues, and other things.

To get your question answered in the next issue, send a personal message HERE.
Dear Cassie,

Good day. I hope you won't mind me asking this, but I was wondering if you could offer me some advice? Thank you again in advance if you do decide to answer. My mate, Azuremantle, has had someone before me. I know that he loves me as I do him, but I'm unsure if he still has feelings for his old mate. Should I ask him about it? Should I not? What do you suggest I do?

~Kiro

Dear Kiro,

The marks people leave on us never fully go away. Be they good or bad. Love leaves a strong mark, whether it ends with tears or a smile. I've only been in love with one dragon in my life, but I have seen others in my clan that have been in relationships with different dragons at different times.

In all cases they still have some feelings for their former loves, but this doesn't mean that they will be disloyal to their current mate.

The best relationship are formed with honesty. So if you feel the need to talk about your own fears, do so. Just don't make your fears sound judgmental to Azuremantle.
-Cassie




Cassie.

I have problems remembering things. Or well not like i often forget its just i always remember at the wrong time. My brain and focus are always set on the thing im doing now and it wont budge without force (like homework). For things im currently doing myself its hard for me to budge. I currently have a thread going on and people need me to continue it but my brain just wont budge and i constantly feel like a horrible person.


~ Maewyn 


Dear Maewyn,

You're not a horrible person because you don't have a good memory. As long as you are making an effort to do good/improve then that shows you don't want to be in your current position. You want to rise above and that's a noble goal.

Prioritizing things will help. What are the things that really require your effort, in other words.

Stuff such as homework should take top priority. All the things you do outside of work or school should be regulated to things that are enjoyable to you. If you find an activity not being as enjoyable and causing you too much stress, quitting for good or taking a break is advisable.

Since your memory is bad, you should look at keeping a schedule in a place you normally look. I think on your planet, unlike Sornieth, there are things called cell phones where humans can have alerts for certain events.

Thank Glau for getting this information. I don't understand it, at least fully, but she assures me this is what to tell you.

Finally, make some reward up for yourself to help encourage yourself to do what you need to.
-Cassie

Dear Cassie,

I have a problem I need to talk someone about.
It's about my brother. You see, our mother has always been very strict and precise with us. We weren't allowed to make any mistakes, ever. My brother was her first child so she has always pushed him even harder than the rest of us.
The problem is that last mont my brother and my mother had a really bad fight. I don't know what it was about but my brother ended up with a broken wing. After the fight my brother has been really hostile when interacting with others. He never smiles and rarely talks to others. One day when I suggested we'd go hunting together he treathened to rip my wings to shreds.
I really don't know what to do anymore. He is my brother but I'm too scared to even talk to him. I'm so worried about him!
Thank you for any advice you might have.

Milmunir




Dear Milmunir,

Broken family bonds can be the hardest to endure. While a family might have intense differences, a healthy family stays together and is there for each other. A structure unlike any other. So when family bonds are broken, it hurts much more than most.

For now, give your brother some time to recover even though that may take awhile. If it was a bad fight he had with your mother, it may take longer.

All you can do is make sure he knows he can talk to you when he feels like it.

If you do try and figure out what happened, don't do anything that may upset your brother.
-Cassie
Dear miss Cassie,
I have what could be described as a weird situation. As you can see from the enclosed picture, I am a Wildclaw; however, I don't really think like a Wildclaw, or act like a Wildclaw, or feel like a Wildclaw. This isn't exactly my problem because it doesn't bother me (and I don't have it nearly as bad poor confused little foundling...) The problem lies in me, and a girl, and the situation itself. Like I said I'm not really a true Wildclaw, and I work as the clan's familiar tamer. Which involves me hoarding every animal that enters the lair. Which hasn't made me popular with the real Wildclaws, as they're forced to eat Croaker Legs, Dodo Wings, and Greatshell Fins, rather than anything alive. Which brings me to my other job, Wildclaw representative on my clan's council, weird right? That's how I banned live food, and leads into my main issue: the girl. Her name is Volt and I've known her since I was a hatchling. She's the other Wildclaw representative, and she's everything I'm not, a real Wildclaw, violent, fiery, stubborn, and indisputably the best warrior in the clan. Every time one of the real Wildclaws gets mad at me (which happens a lot), she gets really defensive over me, and threatens to shred them to bits. She's been my best friend (somehow) almost as long as I've known her and, I'm hopelessly in love with her, but I don't know what to do about it. Does her defensiveness mean she likes me? Or is she just sticking up for a friend? I gave her a scorpion recently, and she got so happy that she kissed my cheek, when I gave her a necklace yesterday she did it again! What does any of this even mean?!?

Sincerely,

The Confused and Ironically Named,
Fury 

Dear Confused and Ironically Named Fury,

I admit to being slightly bothered by the term 'true' Wildclaw. There are many varieties in personality in your breed, some more common and others less so. But, as long as it doesn't bother you, I won't waste anymore time on the matter.

Different dragons express loves in differing fashions. Which makes figuring out if a fellow dragon is actually returning your affections or not extremely difficult at times. Unfortunately, some dragons are lead into less than desirable relationships because of this.

The fact that Volt has been your best friend for a long time broods well for the relationship going further. Friendships are the greatest foundations for any relationship. Her getting defensive over you is a very good sign that she wishes to return your affections. Maybe her lashing out on your behalf is a way she shows that she thinks of you as more than a friend. Although, I admit, I shouldn't cast judgement on that part as I don't know her usual anger.

One day, when you feel comfortable, I would suggest you bring up the fact. Even if it doesn't lead to anything deeper, at least you will still have a friend that will always have your back.
-Cassie

 BACK 

No comments:

Post a Comment