Friday, July 14, 2017

A Storm Will Come

A Storm Will Come

Written by Max

On Sornieth there's only one person I have truly loved: Chloe.

I had left her in her time of need and when I came back I realized what I felt for her. I loved her and felt so bad about abandoning her for some time. When she so quickly accepted me back into her life I was more than surprised. I was also happy and beyond grateful.

For her I sacrificed my birth clan. For her I allowed a vicious storm to consume everyone we had grown up with. Yes, the dragons there had been horrible but there were also good ones. Chloe's mother and a friend of mine among them. But I allowed them all to perish because my love couldn't die.

For a little bit I was content enough to be with her. Being with her was all that mattered...at least for a short time.

But then my mind became painfully aware of the fact I had sacrificed my home for her. I had sacrificed the people in my life just so she could continue breathing. I began to truly hate myself and her at that point. I began to loathe even seeing her.

So I left her without warning. I left when she wouldn't notice so there would be silence upon my departure. I didn't care how hard it was for her as I had been the one to make the call. Her happiness didn't matter at that point as she was alive. At least she still had the ability to feel pain.

While not with her I tried to find my calling. My purpose in life wasn't as clear as before as Chloe was far away. The only reason I got with her again was because...because of what had happened to her. I rescued her yet again and haven't parted from her side since.

Through my travels I have seen hints of another storm, like the one that took my clan, coming again. I know it will come again. The deities will not be happy until Chloe is dead but I can't kill her. Or maybe her death isn't the one that's needed this time.

I don't know.

All I know is that a storm is coming.

BACK

No comments:

Post a Comment