Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Understanding the Darkness

My name is Vergere and I'm Head of the Yun-Harla Department. For my clan's paper I have decided to give out some of my wisdom on spiritual matters. I will not give any of my department secrets out, but there is still a wealth of wisdom to gain by asking me about reading signs, interpenetrating dreams, and various other spiritual things.

To get your question answered in the next issue, send a personal message HERE.
Dear Vergere,

I need your help with something. Lately I've been having bad dreams that prevent me from getting enough sleep. The dream is always the same - I am running away from something that's chasing me. It's dark everywhere and even tough I can feel the ground beneath me I can't see anything. I can feel the pursuer getting closer and closer until I can't take it anymore and turn around, ready to fight or die. But instead of an enemy there is just darkness.
When I wake up it's almost like there is something out there, waiting for me in the darkness. I usually can't sleep after that.
I want to make these dreams to stop! Please help me!

Cynthia


Dear Cynthia,

I will help you as much as I can. It is my experience that significant dreams are made so that the receiver can understand them. So, with this in mind, be aware that I can't pinpoint what is chasing you.

Many people see the dark as the unknown. This is because the dark hides things and is, therefore, terrifying to most. Some also see darkness as the Shade. I will discuss the former interpretation first.

The darkness is the unknown and signifies that you are reaching an unsteady point in your life. Your subconscious is showing you the turmoil you are experiencing on an emotional level in a more visceral form. An enemy that you can fight, even if the chance of victory is nonexistent, is more easy to deal with than an emotion. So when you wake up you, on some level, realize a changing point in your life is coming that you can't escape.

If this interpretation is true, figure out why this time of change in your life is concerning to you. So much that you have a nightmare that keeps repeating. You must learn to embrace change even if it's something you don't want. Life is all about change. Friends becoming enemies and enemies becoming friends.

I saved the Shade interpretation for last as I want you to make sure it isn't the former. No need to panic when there is no danger.

The Shade is darkness incarnate. While I, personally, do not see it as evil like the rest of Sornieth seems to, there is no other entity that I can think of that would appear as darkness. It, whether consciously or not, destroys. It took all eleven of our deities to make it less of a threat to the planet, though it is still a danger.

With the Shade interpretation this could be a sign that you'll have to face the entity at some point. Check to see when these dreams started occurring and how frequently. This will make a time table easier to put together.

Find out all you can about the Shade and figure out how it will most likely attack you. Your reoccurring dream may be paramount to understanding the danger you may face. Be aware that sometimes the Shade can possess people and you may need to watch those you meet with caution.

This is why you must make sure the first way to interpret the dream is wrong. You do not need to put yourself through stress and become paranoid for no reason.

-Vergere
Dear Vergere

I, I don't know where to start. I've been having nightmares, and there's a strange voice. It whispers to me, it tells me to kill, and sometimes it takes over my mind, forcing me to do what it wants, it made me kill my siblings, it made me... I can hear it as I'm writing, telling me to rip up this letter, don't know what to do. Please help me.

-Generys

  
Dear Generys,

I must first offer my condolences to what is happening to you. No dragon, or any creature, should be made to go through what you are currently dealing with. I wish I could tell you how to defeat this voice, but I can't.

I will never say you are weak as merely writing this letter shows a great strength of will. Shows that you are a powerful Imperial and you should never doubt that. Don't give up your battle with your inner demon at any cost.

There are two possible causes for the voice you hear and I am certain that the nightmares are a way for the voice to control you.

The first possible cause is that some cruel spirit is taking over your body. Whether from the Shade or not I can't tell. Sornieth holds vast spiritual cruelty not connected to the Shade. Maybe one day you happened to run into one.

Sometimes even the cleanest of spiritual places can get a bad spirit or two.

What the evil spirit is could be a vast number of things. I can tell, from what you told me, that it can control your dreams, talk to you, and possess you.

If you find out what it is, you can defeat it.

This second possible cause is that this voice is another personality. This is different than a demon/evil spirit as it comes from the inside. A cause of Dissociate Identity Disorder (DID) is a dragon not being able to deal with a situation and so creating another identity that can handle it.

Sometimes one personality can remain unaware of the other for years.

My specialty is of the spiritual realm and not psychology. I only know so much of psychology so that I can better tell the difference from a real spiritual occurrence to something I imagined.

But I will give you this piece of advice, though I suggest speaking with a more knowledgeable dragon before you implement it: Find a way for both of your personalities to live in peace so that two can become one. Find a common ground you both have in common.

Sadly I can only point you in two directions for you to seek answers in. Stay strong, Generys, you are stronger than you imagine.

-Vergere 

 BACK 

No comments:

Post a Comment